Video by James Corner, Field Operations
- Legacy communities and crossroads of critical regional roads, rail, transit.
- Mouth of Leona and Arroyo Viejo Creeks
- Collects from 3.5 square mile Lion Creek Watershed in Oakland Hills
- Enters San Francisco Estuary via Oakland Estuary and San Leandro Bay, surrounded by Oakland and Alameda
- Site of Oakland Coliseum and Oracle Arena, development and gentrification pressure.
O A K L A N D : D A M O N S L O U G H Communities Confront Water and Gentrification in the Coliseum Zone By Isaac Pearlman Damon Slough, a 25-foot wide canal of sluggish brown water skirting the Oakland Coliseum’s northern parking lot, is easy to overlook. The...
Top photo: Isaac Pearlman
Bottom photo: Julie Robertson
Other Great Stories
Newsfeed: West Oakland Environmental Indicators Project
[wp-rss-aggregator thumbnails=”yes” limit=”3″ source=”1558″]